“CSR isn't a particular programme, it's what we do every day, maximising positive impact and minimising negative impact.”
Philosophy & Vision
Recognizing that business enterprises are economic organs of society and draw on societal resources, it is Dongfang Electric (India) Private Limited's (DEIPL) belief that a Company's performance must be measured by its contribution to building economic, social and environmental capital towards enhancing societal sustainability. Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) projects are replicable, scalable and sustainable, with a significant multiplier impact on sustainable livelihood creation and environmental replenishment. Programmes, projects and activities (collectively “CSR Programmes”) carried out in this regard are the subject matter of this Policy.
It is DEIPL's Policy:
- To direct DEIPL's CSR Programmes, inter alia, towards achieving one or more of the following: enhancing environmental and natural capital; supporting rural development; promoting education; providing preventive healthcare; providing sanitation and drinking water; creating livelihoods for people, especially those from disadvantaged sections of the society, in rural and urban India; preserving and promoting sports.
- To develop the required capability and self-reliance of beneficiaries at the grass roots, especially of women
- To develop the required capability and self-reliance of beneficiaries at the grass roots, especially of women.
- To engage in skill building and vocational training, to enhance employability and generate livelihoods for persons from disadvantaged sections of society.
- To pursue CSR Programmes primarily in areas that fall within the economic vicinity of the Company's operations to enable close supervision and ensure maximum development impact.
- To engage in Programmes for eradicating extreme hunger and poverty.
- To pursue CSR Programmes in Social business projects.
- To contribute to Prime Minister's National Relief Fund and any other fund set up by the Central Government or the State Government for socio economic development and relief and fund for the welfare of the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes and other backward classes.
To implement DEIPL's CSR Programmes through Company personnel or through external implementing agencies or through contribution to Funds set up by the Central or the State Government for socio-economic development and relief fund etc.
- Every year, the CSR Committee will place for the Board's approval, a CSR plan delineating the CSR Programmes to be carried out during the financial year and the specified budgets thereof. The Board will consider and approve the CSR Plan with any modification that may be deemed necessary.
- The CSR Committee will assign the task of implementation of the CSR Plan within specified budgets and timeframes to such persons or bodies as it may deem fit.
- The persons/bodies to which the implementation is assigned will carry out such CSR Programmes as determined by the CSR Committee and report back to the CSR Committee on the progress thereon at such frequency as the CSR Committee may direct.
- The CSR Committee shall review the implementation of the CSR Programmes and issue necessary directions from time to time to ensure orderly and efficient execution of the CSR Programmes in accordance with this Policy.
- At the end of every financial year, the CSR Committee will submit its report to the Board.
CSR expenditure will include all expenditure, direct and indirect, incurred by the Company on CSR Programmes undertaken in accordance with the approved CSR Plan. Moreover, any surplus arising from any CSR Programmes shall be used for CSR .